Homespun

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Another Pattern

I've decided to start designing patterns to sell to magazines and such. In the meantime, here's a pattern I came up with last week. I'm going to submit it to the Crochet Pattern-A-Day calendar, but not for awhile, so here it is:

Crochet Pocketbook Slippers



NOTE: These fit my size 9 feet. If your feet are larger, you may wish to add a few rows to the sole. If you do so, be sure that the first row of the Side is an even number of single crochet.

SECOND NOTE: Here's a slightly larger version. Work it the same as below, except: Make 30 rows for the sole, and on the second row of the sides, sc2tog twice on both ends of the row.

worsted weight yarn, 3 oz.
"G"/4.25mm hook

Make two.

Sole:
Row 1: Chain 23. Single crochet (sc) in back loop only (BLO) in second chain from hook and in each chain across. Chain 1, turn. (22 sc)

Row 2: Sc in BLO of each stitch across, chain 1, turn.

Row 3-25: Repeat Row 2. At the end of Row 25, do not turn work.

Side 1:
Row 1: Chain 1, sc in end of each row of sole, 2 sc in last row. (26 sc). Chain 1, turn.

Row 2: Sc2tog through BLO across. (13 sc). Chain 1, turn.

Row 3-5: Sc2tog through BLO, sc through BLO across to last to sc, sc2tog through BLO.

Row 6-9: Sc through BLO across remaining 5 stitches. Chain 1, turn. At end of Row 9, do not chain 1. Fasten off.

Side 2:
As for Side 1 on unused side of sole.

Sew up ends of sole. Sew tops of straps together. Weave in ends.


Enjoy!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger pattyheart said…

    Jenn,
    I'm happy to have found your blog here. First time I've seen a crochet version of the pocket book slippers. I will be making a pair of these and a pair of the "surfing mitts". Come visit my crochet blog when you have time. Nice to meet you :-)

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Maria said…

    I have a pair of knit slippers too so thanks so much for the crochet version:-}

     
  • At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What do you mean by "As for Side 1 on unused side of sole."? I've started crocheting these for myself and right now they are only about 3 inches long...and, I'm on row 20!

    Eeek! Any help?

    Thanks!
    ~Holly

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Holly,
    The part of the pattern that says "as for Side 1...etc." means to repeat the "side" of the slipper that goes over your foot on the part of the sole that doesn't already have a "slipper side" on it, lol! I'm sorry I didn't make that more clear in the pattern.
    You may want to check your gauge (I think mine was about 3.5 sc to 1 inch), and remember that the sole is incredibly stretchy when finished, but if it isn't long enough to cover the bottom of your foot (stretched out) when you finish 30 rows, just add enough extra rows to make it long enough when stretched out to cover the bottom of your foot. Then just situate the beginning of the slipper sides so they are in the middle of the sides of the sole when you're done with them.
    I hope that makes some sort of sense, lol!

    I'll try to edit the pattern in the near future so it's more clear :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home