Homespun

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!

Here's a pattern for you-fingerless mitts designed for web-surfing. I find that on most mitt patterns, the fleshy part where the thumb meets the hand is covered, making it difficult to get a grip on the mouse, so I made a bigger thumb hole.

Women's or Men's Wristwarmers




Women's Average. Men's in ().
Hook: I Yarn: worsted weight
Row 1: Chain 20 (23). Double Crochet in fourth chain from hook and each chain across. 18 (21) dc. Chain 3, turn.
Row 2: DC in each dc across, chain 3, turn.
Row 3: Repeat Row 2.
Row 4: DC in next 3 (4) stitches. Chain 6 (7), skip 6 (7) stitches, dc in remaining stitches across. Chain 3, turn.
Rows 5-10 (5-13): Work 6 (9) more rows like Row 2. At end of last row, do NOT chain 3.
Joining Row: Chain 1, turn. Fold wristwarmer in half, so bottom of first row and top of last row are together. Working through both thicknesses, slip stitch through top loops of last row and bottom lop of first row across, as shown in picture below. *Make sure you get the bottom/top of the chain 3 at the end!*




Happy Crocheting!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, saw your post on crochetlist. Thanks for sharing this as my son just asked me for a pair 2 days ago.

    Sara

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    You're entirely welcome! I hope your son enjoys them :)

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I HAD BEEN LOOKING FOR A PATTERN FOR FINGERLESS GLOVES AND LO AND BEHOLD-ON YOU BLOG-I FIND ONE...FINALLY.LOVE ALL YOUR CROCHETINGS.THANKS FOR SHARING..DEE

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Tender Mother Creations said…

    Thanks for creating this pattern. I had a request for handwarmers, from one of my adopted soldiers and had to find a pattern and your pattern is what I found and worked on. Great job and Thanks.

    Kaye

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Tender Mother Creations said…

    Thanks for creating this pattern. I had a request from one of my adopted soldiers and had to find a pattern and yours is the one that I wanted to try. Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home